December 8, 2006
Using The Google Digital Picture Frame
So like many folks, I was lucky to get the Google Digital Picture Frame. But like many, I also had some technical difficulties.
First here is a picture of the frame working....
- What I did was write a piece of code using the Flickr API to pull photos I tag with a certain code off the Flickr server, down to a holder on my server.
- I then had to drag them over to a PC to connect the frame to something the frame will be recognized on.
- Then to get it to work, I had to use the Microsoft PowerToys - Image Resizer, you can download it here.
- Then I had to rename them so there were no spaces or funky characters in the file name.
- Then I had to upload it to the "Photos" fold on the digital photo frame.
Oh, no one I know, can figure out how to remove that ugly blinking picture of a yellow battery. Removing the batteries, plugging it in, nothing gets rid of it!