May 25, 2009
Changed My First Diaper
I have been tactfully avoiding the diaper change for about ten-days now. But this morning that all changed when my wife seemed dead tired and begged me to change the baby's diaper. I felt bad and guilty, so I did it, I changed the kid's diaper.
I was hoping to be one of those dads that don't change diapers. Well, maybe I will now be one of those dads that rarely change diapers.
The process wasn't bad. Here is how it went:
- Grab kid in one arm
- Set up materials using other arm
- Place kid down on changing table
- Remove kid's bottom cloths
- Slowly take off spoiled diaper, while leaving bottom half on.
- Clean area with baby wipes
- Slide diaper off completely
- Slide new diaper on asap
- Make sure everything is clean
- Put on A&D ointment
- Secure new diaper and flare out parts around legs
- Put back on cloths
- Throw trash away
- Return kid to mom
- Go to work
Now, it was only a good process because our kid is typically (so far) calm and happy when we change her. Very grateful for that.
Now, if I can only master changing a diaper and using my iPhone at the same time, then I would be set.
FYI, click through on that picture - it is pretty funny stuff.